Customers can claim a refund if their order wasn’t right – if it had missing items, it was cold, extremely late or damaged.
Below are just a few examples, for a complete picture of Deliveroo and partner responsibilities, please refer to your partner services agreement with Deliveroo.
When a refund is given, either Deliveroo or the restaurant will cover it (or we’ll share the cost), depending on what went wrong.
How do I see the refunds I’ve given?
Refunded orders will appear on your invoice under ‘Additional fees’ as Refund debit. To find your latest invoice, log in to Restaurant Hub.
We’ll also send you a daily email (arriving at midnight), with the orders that have been refunded that day and the reason why.
What do customers get refunds for?
- Late orders
- Cold food
- The wrong items
- Missing Items
- Spilled or damaged items
Customer compensation paid for by partners
Partners will only be charged for the compensation provided to customers if the claim reason is within their control or responsibility. This typically includes*:
- Wrong items in an order
- Incorrect order handed to the rider
- Missing or unavailable items in an order
- Food prepared incorrectly or to a poor quality (incl. food safety claims)
- Dietary requirements not met (incl. allergens issues)
- Incorrect information provided about menu items on the platform
Customer compensation paid for by Deliveroo
Deliveroo will cover the cost of the compensation provided where the customer claim is due to factors that are within its control or responsibility. This typically includes*:
- Late deliveries due to rider delays
- Food spilled or damaged in transit (unless due to packaging)
- Cold food
- Order not delivered to the customer
- Unable to find a rider to pick up the order
- Customer cancelled order due to rider delays
Where can I find more details about my refunds?
You can see details for any refunds in your Payment Statement, which you can download from Restaurant Hub, In ‘Invoices’.
We'll also email you a summary of any refunds you are responsible for, on the day they are processed.
This email includes the order number, time of order, items impacted, and amount refunded to the customer.
For further information on our refunds processes
Click on the link to the Guide to Deliveroo’s Refunds Process that is in our email to you about this change.