Your menu represents your brand on Deliveroo. It's important to keep it up to date with your latest and greatest menu items. The more items that travel well, the better.
Let's walk through how to manage what menu items are available from day to day, how to ask for bigger menu updates for seasonal dishes or a new menu for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
More specifically, this article will cover:
- How to mark items unavailable if you run out
- How to request a menu edit to add or update your menu items
- Top tips for requesting a menu edit
How to mark items unavailable if you run out
First of all, try and do it right away. You don't want customers ordering things you don't have. If they do you'll have to reject the order, which isn't fun for anyone.
As soon as you realise you've run out of something, tap the menu icon in your tablet, then Menu items.
Unavailable (Today): Removes an item for one day. The item will automatically become available the following day at opening time. So if you’re still out of the ingredients for the dish, you’ll need to redo the process.
Unavailable (Hidden): Removes an item until you make it available again. This item will be available again once you mark it available. R
Available: Makes an item available to customers.
How to request a menu edit
If you want to add anything or change information on your menu, then you'll need to request an edit.
You can do this by emailing your local menu team with all of the information needed to carry out your request.
Edits take up to 3 days, but we do our best to get them done as quickly as we can.
Speeding up your changes
We can make changes more quickly and avoid a lot of back and forth if you include the following information in your request:
- Price changes
- Items to add and/or items to remove
- What order the items should appear in
- How many restaurants you have
- If you are a chain, which restaurants should the changes apply to make sure you let us know if you want to change all your menus, or just certain ones - that way we can be sure to get it right first time.
If anything is unclear, we'll get in touch to make sure we don't miss anything.