We've prepared some guidance for restaurants participating in the UK government scheme, encouraging customers to eat in your restaurant with a discount which you can then claim back from the government.
- The scheme is UK wide and registration close on 31 August
- You're eligible if you sell food for immediate consumption on-premises.
- Restaurants, cafés, public houses that serve food, hotel restaurants, restaurants and cafes within tourist attractions, holiday sites and leisure facilities, dining rooms within members’ clubs and workplace canteens are all eligible
What happens when I sign up for ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ through Deliveroo?
When you sign up for Deliveroo to promote your ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ offer, you'll be directing customers to your Table Service menu, our new way of driving dine-in orders to your restaurant(s).
Deliveroo will automatically create the offer on your behalf according the the rules of the UK government scheme.
How do I know if I've signed up for ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ through Deliveroo Table Service?
First, we'll ask you to confirm that you have successfully registered for the official government scheme before signing up for Deliveroo.
You'll need to confirm this by checking a box in Restaurant Hub - it should look like this:
How will customers see my ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ offer on Deliveroo?
We'll add a ‘Eat Out To Help Out’ tag in the Deliveroo app to help your customers identify restaurants taking part in the scheme.
Qualifying items are clearly marked with a new price, while exempt items (e.g. alcoholic drinks) remain the same price.
We'll show the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme rules to customers throughout their in-store ordering experience, and cap the 50% discount at £10 automatically for you.
Get Reimbursed for the UK Government ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme using Restaurant Hub reports
We’re making it easier for you to access the information you need for a successful reimbursement submission for the UK government.
When you've run a full week of 'Eat Out to Help Out' promotion, you'll see this information in Restaurant Hub, here's how to find it:
- Log in to Restaurant Hub
- Select Sales from the left hand menu
- Select the date range or day of the requested sales period
- You can export this data for your records, and for government reimbursement as well
The UK government has requested the following information submitted by the you directly:
- Total number of people who have used the scheme in your restaurant
- Total value of transactions under the scheme
- Total £ amount of discounts you’ve given
See below for an example of how this information will be presented in Hub.
Read articles about what Deliveroo is doing to support your safe reopening in our COVID-19 collection.