What are you doing for your riders during Covid-19?
We are putting in place many proactive and reactive initiatives to ensure the safety of our riders, customers and restaurant partners:
- Conta-free delivery
- Protection for riders (masks, hand sanitisers, gloves) arriving soon
- Disablement of riders who are infected/quarantined
- Set up infected rider fund
- Contact riders who don’t respect hygiene guidance
- Constant rider comms
- Closing of rider space in Bruxelles
- Tight monitoring of operations to keep good performance
Will riders definitely be available over the next few weeks or should I look at arranging my own driver?
First and foremost, our number one priority is rider safety (see link for further details). However, based on trends in international markets and the stability of our rider fleet, we do not anticipate any siginificant issues in rider avaliability in the coming weeks.
Is Deliveroo able to hire some of our hourly team members and, if so, what do they need to do to sign-up as a rider?
We want to help restaurants who may no longer be able to employ all their hourly staff and these employees can sign up to be a rider, however the speed at which we onboard new riders will vary by zone.
Are you also able to share plans/actions in terms of safety for riders & customers for minimising the risk of spreading the virus and contingency plans for reduced riders numbers?
Firstly, based on trends in international markets and the stability of our rider fleet, we do not anticipate any significant issues in rider availability in the coming weeks. Secondly, please see link for Deliveroo's safety guidelines.
What should I do if one of my employees has symptoms of coronavirus?
Please contact your official medical authority for guidance and immediately notify us through your Account Manager or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (using the subject line: 'Employee Coronavirus') if one of your employees has tested positive for coronavirus. We may need to contact riders who have been in your restaurant and share relevant guidance with them.
What should I do if one of my customers has symptoms of coronavirus?
Please contact your official medical authority for guidance and immediately notify us through your Account Manager or by sending an email to email@example.com (using the subject line: 'Customer Coronavirus') if one of your customers has tested positive for coronavirus. We may need to contact riders who have been in your restaurant and share relevant guidance with them.
Do you have any guidance on what we can do to take extra precautions while preparing food for delivery?
Due to the exceptional situation in which we find ourselves, we are recommending a series of measures for delivery services which we believe will help you to operate effectively and safely:
- Prominently display poster information regarding food safety and personal hygiene in your kitchens and staff rooms - and where appropriate send these directly to employees.
- Encourage staff to take their temperature regularly and to be more alert than usual to potential symptoms that could indicate infection - notably breathing difficulties, coughing or a high temperature (38°C or higher for most adults).
- All food handlers need to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly using an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water for 30 x seconds every 15-20 minutes. In addition to the basic food safety level standards for chefs we recommend that additional training is made available where possible.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment including fridges, food containers and chopping boards are cleaned and sanitised.
- Provide hand sanitiser in your restaurant so it’s readily available to staff, customers and riders.
- Ensure that your restaurant premises are regularly cleaned, especially in spaces where food is exposed, such as in the kitchen and dining areas.
- We recommend that you regularly check public health authority guidance to keep up to date on advice provided. Circulate this advice to employees on a 'must read' basis.
- Orders should be properly sealed and packaged, using tape, and/or stickers before being made ready for rider collection. This will limit any potentially infectious airborne material from coming in contact with food during delivery. We also encourage you to double bag delivery orders so that food is kept safe inside before it is handed to the customer. Deliveroo will make stickers available to you should you need them.
How do we operate a delivery-only kitchen at this time?
There are a few steps you can take that will help you to operate safely and effectively: 1. Introduce social distancing for all restaurant staff and riders, limit the number of riders in the store and mark waiting areas - 1 meter apart - on the floor both inside and outside your premises. Make sure that you can enable contact-free hand off of bags - select a table per platform, with staff placing the bag on the table and walking away, before the rider approaches
2. Choose your dedicated order coordinators - with someone on each shift to prepare delivery bags and make sure hand-off is managed without direct physical contact.
3. Apply strict hygiene practices - frequently (every 30 minutes) sanitise all contact surfaces (for example food prep areas, counter tops, tablets, phones and door handles etc) and make sure that you and your team are enforcing hand washing for 30 seconds or more every 15-20 minutes.
Have Deliveroo had any official government confirmation that the food delivery market is fine to continue operations?
Currently, restaurants are able to continue delivering food to customers, that has been confirmed by the government. We do not know whether, in the future, the government will mandate restaurant closure, and if closure would prevent the continuation of food delivery services. Nevertheless, we recommend you implement a series of measures which will help you to operate delivery services effectively and safely:
- Social distancing for all restaurant staff and riders, limit the number of riders in the store and mark waiting areas - 1 meter apart - on the floor inside and outside Contact-free handoff of bags - select a table per platform, with staff placing the bag on the table and walking away, before the rider approaches
- Dedicated Order coordinators - choose someone on each shift to prepare delivery bags and make sure hand-off is managed without face to face interaction.
- Strict hygiene practices - frequently disinfect all high-uses surfaces (food prep areas, counters, tables, doors and door handles) and make sure you and your staff are enforcing regular hand-washing - 20 seconds with soap and water, every 15-20 minutes
- Constant communication - rapid communication of possible any contamination is critical to preventing contagion
Can we extend our delivery radii on M+ to reach more customers?
We can make changes to your delivery radii. There are also a number of other ways in which you can reach more customers:
- Update your Menu - you can request big changes such as updating new prices or adding dishes with our partner support team.
- Add and edit photos - great photos help to sell your dishes and set you apart on Deliveroo. We encourage you to provide photography for at least 10% of your menu - it can boost your orders by around 12%.
- Update your opening times - you can use your tablet to schedule your days off, for any other changes to your opening times - permanent or temporary
- Run a special offer - you can become more attractive to customers if you decide to set up an offer. Please contact you Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs: Financial assistance related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
How do we apply for the government cash grants?
The government has announced a series of 10 measures to support Belgian businesses. A list of these federal measures can be found here. Ducarme confirmed that the measures in favour of our restaurant partners can be combined with income from delivery and catering.
The regions also offer financial support. More information can be found on these websites:
Flanders: here https://www.vlaanderen.be/gezondheid-en-welzijn/gezondheid/coronavirus-covid-19?mc_cid=af04bb28ce&mc_eid=
Brussels : here https://1819.brussels/nl/blog/faq-coronavirus-en-ondernemingen-antwoord-op-uw-meest-gestelde-vragen?mc_cid=af04bb28ce&mc_eid=
Wallonia : here https://www.1890.be/article/coronavirus-quelles-mesures-pour-leconomie-et-lemploi-en-wallonie?mc_cid=af04bb28ce&mc_eid=
Are you able to offer commission relief for restaurants affected by coronavirus?
Unfortunately we cannot provide commission relief at this time. The COVID-19 outbreak is challenging for all businesses and we've outlined some measures below which you can take to reduce your cost basis:
- We can help improve your menu to optimise customer conversion
- We can help you optimise your delivery estate by picking the locations that give you the greatest coverage, and optimal sales volume (only applicable to multi-sites)
Are you able to increase frequency of payment cycles to help us with cashflow issues?
Unfortunately, we are unable to increase the frequency of payment cycles at this time - we will keep you posted if anything changes.
How can Deliveroo help me with my cash liquidity eg. payouts, commission relief, staff costs, procurement etc?
Unfortunately we cannot provide commission relief at this time. However, we can help to reduce your cost basis in the following ways:
- We can help improve your menu to optimise customer conversion;
- We can help you optimise your delivery estate by picking the locations that give you the greatest coverage, and optimal sales volume (only applicable to multi-sites) Further to this, we are working very closely with the government to lobby for financial assistance for the restaurant sector such as rent and tax relief. We will keep you posted.
FAQs: In-app marketing and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
How can I increase my visibility in app/to customers?
Some easy steps to grow your business and increase in app discoverability are:
- Ensure your tablet is on and consider extending your scheduled opening hours to be visible to more customers throughout the day
- Link your website and social media channels to your Deliveroo brand landing page and let your existing customers know that you are still open for delivery via Deliveroo
- Run offers targeting new or existing customers by getting in touch with your account manager
- Add menu item images and descriptions to convert customers who click on your menu
- Ensure orders are prepared on time and there are no food quality and accuracy issues so that customer re-order from your restaurant