You must comply with your Agreement with Deliveroo, including all Applicable Law and Deliveroo Policies. We may suspend the provision of our Services if you are found to be in material breach of these obligations.


You are responsible for ensuring that you obtain and maintain any certificates, registrations, licences, permits and/or approvals required for your business to operate legally.  This policy sets out the types of registrations, licences and permits that you may require in order to sell products through the Platform.  It is not intended to be an exhaustive list. 


  • All types of food businesses must register with the local authority. Every premise where food operations are carried out must be registered. See Food Business Registration to find your Local Authority.

  • The premises of food businesses that make, prepare or handle food that comes from animals (e.g. meat, fish, egg or dairy products) for supply to other business, may need to be approved by the local authority, rather than just registered. See Applying for approval of a food establishment guidance if you are unsure.


A premises licence is required in order for any of the following licensable activities to be carried out:

  • the sale of alcohol; and

  • the sale of late-night refreshments, which means the sale of hot food and drink supplied between the hours of 11pm and 5am.


  • offer alcohol for sale; or 

  • supply hot food or drinks between the hours of 11pm and 5am

without a valid premises licence.  We reserve the right to immediately suspend the provision of our Services without notice if you are found to be in breach this obligation.  


  • You may require environmental permits, such as Discharge of trade effluent.  Speak to your local authority if you are unsure. 

Did this answer your question?